When infested in the home, silverfish do damage to books, curtains, and photos. They are mainly present in the kitchen, bookshelf, bathrooms, and cupboards. When they appear in the home, it is time to take control before they do valuable damage. Pest Control Watson professionals say silverfish infestation may bring other pests too in the home. In such a situation, silverfish control should be your top priority. Let us see how you can do an effective silverfish control.
What are silverfish?
Silverfish are paper and moisture-loving creatures that grab people’s attention from their shiny skins and fish-like body. They have tear-dropped-sized bodies with six short legs and a tail. Silverfish resemble fish and also have silvery scales on their body. Though they do not have wings, they make movements with extreme speed, which helps hide them.
They feed on protein, starch for their survival and consume paper, fabrics, and dead insects. Therefore, it is essential to keep your home moist free to stop their infestation. However, hiring professional Pest control in Watson is another way to stop the infestation.
How to get rid of silverfish?
To get rid of silverfish first and foremost step is to identify their presence. So, here are places where you can look for silverfish infestation:
- In the gaps of ceiling and walls.
- Bookshelves, drawer of cupboards
- Window and door frames
- Borders of carpet
- Stored cereals, and grains
- Clothing, bags
- Paper, pastes of bookbinding
- Cardboard boxes, wallpaper, plaster
- Photo, paintings
- Any wooden instruments.
Once you have identified them, the next easy and most effective step is hiring pest control professionals in Watson to exterminate silverfish. However, you can also follow some other measures to get rid of them:
Silverfish do not like the smell of cloves, lavender, eucalyptus, basil. Additionally, mothballs also act as a repellent to silverfish.
Reducing the silverfish-friendly environment:
As we know, they love moisture; therefore, silverfish removal will be easy if you do the following:
- Use moisture absorbers for cupboards, kitchen drawers.
- Alternatively, use a dehumidifier as a moisture controller.
- Allow sunlight to enter the home to keep the silverfish out.
- Store pet food, cereals, and pantry items in an air-tight container.
- Regularly check wooden and papery materials.
- Repair holes, gaps in windows, doors, and walls.
- Vacuum regularly and do not forget to clean furniture, bookcase, carpet, etc.
- A powerful vacuuming also kills silverfish eggs and helps in removing them.
- Avoid stacking of papers, especially the old ones.
Keep silverfish off with the help of Pest Control Watson:
Silverfish are often hidden in places that are hard to reach, escaping from you during the extermination. Having a professional hand will not only eliminate silverfish but also prevent future infestation. Therefore, contact Best Pest Control Company anytime you need help to get rid of silverfish or similar bugs.